Recipe by Carole Whitmore
A wonderful side dish for any meal but goes great with any italian dish. This was the only way I could get my kids to eat spinach.
- 1 package frozen spinach leaves (thawed) or 1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed and drained
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons good virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (no exceptions)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh nutmeg (if you don't have fresh omit)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in pan over medium heat.
- Add fresh garlic and saute about 1 minute.
- Add spinach and saute (if using fresh spinach cook until just wilted).
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg (if using) and saute for about 4 minutes.
- Just before serving add the Romano cheese.