Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A kid favourite in my family. Easy and economical.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 18 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Cook ground beef. Drain well.
- Mix all ingredients together (except bread and butter).
- Butter slices of bread and place butter-side down in muffin tins.
- Spoon mixture into bread and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
I made these for my toddler who isn't much of a meat eater. She loves them. I made them with ground pork, & instead of using the bread, I used small pieces of a pie crust, cut to fit the muffin pan, & used the same baking time. I couldn't believe how fast she ate them. Thanks for posting!
OMG!! These are so yummy! Reminded us of the way Runzas taste. You definitely have to try these!
I made this full recipe but used my larger muffin tins for them. They make a good entre around which I made a supper. I used a country style bread and cream of mushroom soup(I think that's what it should have been?). I increased the time to 35 minutes and all was well. This really is a quick and delicious recipe, and not only for kids! Thank you - Lee