This recipe is a breeze to make and requires minimal preparation. Serve with a tossed salad and you've got dinner!
- 300 g spaghetti noodles, broken into pieces then cooked
- 1 (284 ml) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 284 ml milk (use soup can to measure)
- 1 (170 g) can tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250 ml cheddar cheese, finely cubed. (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 deg.C).
- In a large bowl, combine mushroom soup, milk, tuna,onions, garlic and cheddar cheddar cheese.
- Toss with cooked pasta.
- Transfer to greased 9-inch (23) square casserole pan.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes.
We loved this casserole! At the BF's request I used egg noodles (whole wheat - what he doesn't know won't hurt him) and added peas and carrots. I cooked the onions, as Sarah Jayne recommended, and the flavor was great! Thanks so much for this easy and quick recipe!
I usually do my tuna casserole with chicken supreme dry soup mix, but this was nice for soemthing different. I also added some finely shredded mixed vegies which I fried off with the onion before adding to the pasta, I didn't have any cheddar so just added a small handful of parmesan which I mixed in and then sprinkled some on top with some breadcrumbs, served with garlic bread for a quick weeknight dinner, thanks for posting!
I usually do my tuna noodle on the stovetop so I wanted to try out a different method. This was really easy to put together and we did enjoy it. I used reduced fat soup, fat free milk and reduced fat cheese and it still worked okay. I do think the one change I would make for next time is to fry off the onions a bit before I put them in. I have never been able to eat raw onions and the ones in this still had a bit too much of a rawness to them for my tastes but that wouldn't be a problem for those that like onions. Made for Australia/NZ Tag October 2008.