This one came to being late one evening when my son asked for noodles for dinner and I needed to make something quick. The veg can be swapped for things you know your child likes. Adjust quantities according to how many people you are feeding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- ribbon noodles (as many nests as needed)
- 1 large carrots or 2 medium carrots, sliced very thinly
- 1 onion, chopped into very small strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 1 (500 g) packet quorn pieces, peices (optional, chilled or frozen) (optional)
- olive oil, for stir fry
- butter, small knob for dressing noodles
- ground pepper
- sweet chili sauce (or similar)
- 1Place pan of water on to boil. Whilst it's heating prep your veg.
- 2Just before water for the noodles hits boiling point put a wok or large heavy based frying pan to heat as hot as you can possibly get it and had about a tablespoon (15ml) of olive oil. Place noodles in water and boil for roughly 2 minutes (please check instructions on your noodles first).
- 3When oil is hot add the quorn (if using), carrot and onion to the wok and toss (or stir). Separate noodles with a fork and test a strip, if not ready keep them simmering. Add red pepper, peas and sweetcorn to the wok and stir. Add a teaspoon of chilli sauce and a teaspoon of water to wok and stir.
- 4Take noodle of the heat and drain. Add some butter and a good twist of black pepper to the noodle and toss to coat all the noodles with butter. Place in a serving bowl. Take stir fry off heat and add to separate serving bowl, add some spoons and instruct starving children to help themselves. Serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kid Friendly Stir Fry Vegetables & Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.9
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 205.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 7.8 g