Recipe by Food_Addict
This one came to being late one evening when my son asked for noodles for dinner and I needed to make something quick. The veg can be swapped for things you know your child likes. Adjust quantities according to how many people you are feeding.
- ribbon noodles (as many nests as needed)
- 1 large carrots or 2 medium carrots, sliced very thinly
- 1 onion, chopped into very small strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 1 (500 g) packet quorn pieces, peices (optional, chilled or frozen) (optional)
- olive oil, for stir fry
- butter, small knob for dressing noodles
- ground pepper
- sweet chili sauce (or similar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pan of water on to boil. Whilst it's heating prep your veg.
- Just before water for the noodles hits boiling point put a wok or large heavy based frying pan to heat as hot as you can possibly get it and had about a tablespoon (15ml) of olive oil. Place noodles in water and boil for roughly 2 minutes (please check instructions on your noodles first).
- When oil is hot add the quorn (if using), carrot and onion to the wok and toss (or stir). Separate noodles with a fork and test a strip, if not ready keep them simmering. Add red pepper, peas and sweetcorn to the wok and stir. Add a teaspoon of chilli sauce and a teaspoon of water to wok and stir.
- Take noodle of the heat and drain. Add some butter and a good twist of black pepper to the noodle and toss to coat all the noodles with butter. Place in a serving bowl. Take stir fry off heat and add to separate serving bowl, add some spoons and instruct starving children to help themselves. Serve.