Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This truly is kid friendly cuz there are no "pieces or green things" for the kids to pick out.
- 1 lb lean ground beef, sub. ground turkey
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a skillet, over medium heat, sautee onion until slightly translucent. Use cooking spray if desired.
- Add ground beef or turkey, add salt and pepper.
- Cook until no longer pink.
- In the mean time: In your 2 cup measuring vessel, combine ketchup, vinegar, mustard, brown sugar. Stir into meat once it is fully cooked.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes. Serve hot on soft rolls or buns.
- Note: you may use 3/4 cup ketchup and 1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce for added zing.
Rather than making this with beef or turkey, I chopped up some shredded chicken that I had on hand. Did not add any S&P, 'cause the chicken had already been seasoned before baking it! ~ Otherwise, the recipe was followed right on through for some nice tasting sandwiches! Thanks for posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed in My-3-Chefs]