Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
This truly is kid friendly cuz there are no "pieces or green things" for the kids to pick out.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Rather than making this with beef or turkey, I chopped up some shredded chicken that I had on hand. Did not add any S&P, 'cause the chicken had already been seasoned before baking it! ~ Otherwise, the recipe was followed right on through for some nice tasting sandwiches! Thanks for posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed in My-3-Chefs]
- 1 lb lean ground beef, sub. ground turkey
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, over medium heat, sautee onion until slightly translucent. Use cooking spray if desired.
- Add ground beef or turkey, add salt and pepper.
- Cook until no longer pink.
- In the mean time: In your 2 cup measuring vessel, combine ketchup, vinegar, mustard, brown sugar. Stir into meat once it is fully cooked.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes. Serve hot on soft rolls or buns.
- Note: you may use 3/4 cup ketchup and 1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce for added zing.