1/1 Photo of Kid Friendly Sloppy Joes ("no Green Stuff")
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
This truly is kid friendly cuz there are no "pieces or green things" for the kids to pick out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet, over medium heat, sautee onion until slightly translucent. Use cooking spray if desired.
- 2Add ground beef or turkey, add salt and pepper.
- 3Cook until no longer pink.
- 4In the mean time: In your 2 cup measuring vessel, combine ketchup, vinegar, mustard, brown sugar. Stir into meat once it is fully cooked.
- 5Simmer 15-20 minutes. Serve hot on soft rolls or buns.
- 6Note: you may use 3/4 cup ketchup and 1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce for added zing.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kid Friendly Sloppy Joes ("no Green Stuff")
Serving Size: 1 (823 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.0
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 832.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 24.1 g