Recipe by MTpockets
Be sure to let this cool before serving. This is gobbled up by my 2 yr old. I'd recommend this for kids at least 18 months or older.
Top Review by Trixie S.
We only had no sugar added strawberry applesauce so we used that, omitted the cinnamon, and added a bit of pure maple syrup. We loved it- it was super yummy and a nice change. It reminded me of strawberries and cream without all the chemicals and processed junk!
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (Quick Cooking)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- cinnamon (to taste)
- brown sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, add water, milk, oats and salt.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add applesauce and cinnamon and stir to blend.
- Cook over low heat about 5 minutes or until oatmeal begins to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with brown sugar if desired.
- Allow oatmeal to cool before serving.