1/1 Photo of Kid Friendly Fondue-Regards, --Tasty--
You don't need a fondue pot to prepare and serve this dish, but it would make for a fun and interesting conversation piece with your children at the dining table. It may also be worth it to you to dust off your old fondue pot from the basement or look for one cheaply at a second hand store. A mild cheddar cheese will work in this recipe, too and if you don't have roasted garlic on hand, just go ahead and add a small pinch of salt-free garlic powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup milk
- 1 roasted garlic clove, smashed
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, coarsely grated (don't buy the pre-grated cheese)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1Heat the milk and the garlic in a saucepan over medium-low heat until simmering, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2Toss the cheese and flour together in a bowl until the shreds are nicely floured.
- 3Whisk the cheese mixture into the milk a handful at a time, waiting until each handful melts before adding more. Whisk until cheese is completely melted and mixture is smooth and velvety.
- 4Holding the food with *fingers, a fondue fork or a regular fork, dip one or several of the options into the pot and swirl to coat with the cheese.
- 5I added a light sprinkle of dried parsley to the top of the fondue.
- 6WARNING!: [[[*Careful! Don't want the children to burn their fingers!]]]. Preparing and serving the fondue requires adult supervision.
- 7Note: servings are estimated.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kid Friendly Fondue-Regards, --Tasty--
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.7
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 54.9 mg
- Sodium 320.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 15.1 g