Recipe by Jekase
Over time I have tweeked this recipe again and again and now I'm done - I think. This is a quick chili and mild in spice as I use all mild ingredients. It can easily be made hotter for those who prefer some fire. I do this in a crockpot; it can easily be converted to the stove.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb lean stew meat, trimmed
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix (such as McCormick's)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons dark molasses
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in oil on med. to med-high until seared on all sides. Add chopped garlic and sauté about two minutes. Place in crockpot. Stir in Cumin.
- Add diced peppers and onion to the same pan. Sauté on med-high just until wilted. Add cider vinegar and sauté until evaporated. Add to meat.
- Stir in chili seasoning until well mixed.
- Add corn, beans, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes, stirring after each addition. Add molasses and salt and pepper.
- Place on high and slow cook until meat is tender - a few hours.
- Serve with cooked rice, sour cream, grated cheese or any other accompaniment desired.