Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom used to make this for me when I was growing up. It is cheap, fast, easy, everything you could want! It is very mild (dh says bland) and definately kid-friendly. Cook time is skillet time, cook it in the crockpot or even bake in the oven as you like.
- 453.59 g chicken breasts or 453.59 g pork chop
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 59.14-118.29 ml water
- 473.18 ml rice, cooked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a nonstick skillet, brown meat (use some fat if desired or if you don't have nonstick pans).
- At this point you can tranfer to a crockpot and cover with soup. If you want to put the meat in without browning you can, I think browning the meat makes the gravy richer.
- If cooking in the skillet, cover with soup (use 1 or 2 cans depening on how much gravy you want) and add a little water as necessary to thin. Allow to simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice.
I searched for 'Kid Friendly" and that's exactly what I got with this recipe! I had left-over broccoli in the fridge and added it to the chicken & soup. Had Uncle Ben's 90 sec. brown rice in the pantry (yes, brown rice!) and it was the quickest, healthiest meal I've made in a very long time! I have 3 boys, 5 and under, who are very picky eaters, and my fb status last night was "Kelly is amazed at how fast her boys' screams of terror subsided after actually tasting the dinner I made" Thanks for the recipe!
Picky Son said its awesome
Excellent dish. Would add a small can of well drained mushrooms. everyone loved this dish-simple and easy to make.