My mom used to make this for me when I was growing up. It is cheap, fast, easy, everything you could want! It is very mild (dh says bland) and definately kid-friendly. Cook time is skillet time, cook it in the crockpot or even bake in the oven as you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a nonstick skillet, brown meat (use some fat if desired or if you don't have nonstick pans).
- 2At this point you can tranfer to a crockpot and cover with soup. If you want to put the meat in without browning you can, I think browning the meat makes the gravy richer.
- 3If cooking in the skillet, cover with soup (use 1 or 2 cans depening on how much gravy you want) and add a little water as necessary to thin. Allow to simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened.
- 4Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kid-Friendly Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.5
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 530.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 31.2 g