Recipe by Mom67
My kids don't love salsa or "chunky" tomatoes, so I came up with this super simple version of nachos that kids adore. In my house, they're the #1 requested after-school and movie snack! The measurements are purely an estimate, so add based on your tastes. And for adults or kids who don't mind them, by all means add green onions, black beans and/or chopped tomatoes!
Top Review by bmcnichol
Made these for a snack while we were watching a movie. My family enjoyed them. I followed the recipe exactly as written. My kids poured some salsa on top too. Quick and easy snack to make.
- 1⁄3 cup ortega mild taco sauce
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheese (your choice, cheddar, Jack, mexican, etc)
- 2 cups tostitos nacho chips
- sour cream (optional)
- sliced black olives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread chips in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate.
- Drizzle taco sauce over chips (to your taste).
- Sprinkle generous amount of cheese evenly over chips (about 3/4cup for 8" plate).
- Add a few black olive slices (optional).
- Microwave, uncovered for 30-60 seconds or until cheese melts.
- Serve with side of sour cream for dipping (optional).