Recipe by Evan's Mommy
If your kids love hot dogs, then they will love this! (Hey--and grownups like it too!) So easy to make that they can even help prepare this dish!
Top Review by *~*Jennifer*~*
I thought this would be something that would appeal to my kids more than me. I was wrong. It was very creamy and had good flavor. The only change I made was using a can of cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of celery.
- 5 hot dogs
- 5 -6 slices bacon
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 3 cups macaroni noodles, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Slice 3 of the hot dogs.
- In a skillet, using some of the fat from the bacon, sauté the hot dogs, celery and onion.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add the milk and can of soup, cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Crumble bacon and add to the mixture.
- In a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, alternate layers of macaroni noodles and cream sauce.
- Top the casserole with slices of the remaining hot dogs and cover with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.