Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
You don't have to be a football fanatic (you just have to be a slow-cooker convert) to appreciate these hearty prep-it-and-forget-it suppers. From the Jan/Feb 2010 Weight Watchers magazine. Points Value: 7
- 6 sweet Italian turkey sausage links
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 large pinch kosher salt
- 1 large pinch black pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) container Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large heavy skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add sausages and brown, turning, 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Add broth to skillet and cook, scraping browned bits from bottom, 2 minutes. Transfer to 5- or 6-quart slow cooker. Stir in onions, raisins, salt and pepper; top with sausages. Cover and cook until sausages and onions are fork-tender, 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
- Transfer sausages with slotted soon to cutting board. Cut each diagonally into 5 slices. Stir half of spinach into slow cooker, cooking just until wilted. Repeat with remaining spinach. Stir in sliced sausages and vinegar. Serve with rice.