Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Everyday Health.
- 4 large red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise-based salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot sauce
- assorted fresh vegetable, for dippers (such as peeled baby carrots, zucchini slices, pea pods, yellow summer squash sticks, and or or red s)
- In a blender or large food processor, combine about one-third of the cut up sweet peppers, the onion, and the water. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Add the remaining cut up peppers; cover and blend until smooth.
- Place pureed vegetable mixture in a fine sieve; press mixture gently to drain off excess liquid. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise dressing, lemon juice, oil, horseradish, salt, and hot pepper sauce. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in pureed vegetable mixture. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Tote dip, sweet pepper shells (if using), and vegetable dippers (if using) in an insulated cooler with ice packs. If desired, spoon dip into the sweet pepper shells. Serve with vegetable dippers and/or breadsticks.