Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From BHG. Cook time is chill time. I personally love to use the tortillas and add chunky salsa to mine.
- 2 chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 12 slices white bread or 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 12 leaves green leaf lettuce
- avocados or cucumbers (optional) or tomatoes, slices (optional)
- In a large skillet cook chicken in hot butter until lightly browned and no pink remains.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, garlic, and cayenne; cook for 1 minute more. Cool slightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream until creamy and combined.
- Fold in chicken mixture, drained tomatoes and peppers, green onions, and cilantro.
- Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Spread mixture on 6 slices of bread. Top with avocado, cucumber, or tomato slices.
- Add lettuce and remaining 6 slices of bread. Or spread chicken mixture evenly over tortillas; top with lettuce, and avocado, cucumber, or tomato slices. Roll up tortillas.
I used homemade pitas and served warm. Loved the cream cheese spread.
I loved these!! I used the tortillas, and yum! One or two others said it was a bit much garlic but otherwise great, but I thought these were perfect just the way they are!!! This ones a keeper, thanks