1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From BHG. Cook time is chill time. I personally love to use the tortillas and add chunky salsa to mine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 12 slices white bread or 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 12 leaves green leaf lettuce
- avocados or cucumbers (optional) or tomato, slices (optional)
- 1In a large skillet cook chicken in hot butter until lightly browned and no pink remains.
- 2Stir in chili powder, cumin, garlic, and cayenne; cook for 1 minute more. Cool slightly.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream until creamy and combined.
- 4Fold in chicken mixture, drained tomatoes and peppers, green onions, and cilantro.
- 5Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- 6Spread mixture on 6 slices of bread. Top with avocado, cucumber, or tomato slices.
- 7Add lettuce and remaining 6 slices of bread. Or spread chicken mixture evenly over tortillas; top with lettuce, and avocado, cucumber, or tomato slices. Roll up tortillas.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kicking Chicken Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.8
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 698.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 18.8 g