Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this spicy cheesy dip from Hope a friend of mine. Yes I adapted it. Yes you can used canned chicken. Recipe can be easily halved.
- Melt cream cheese and blue cheese dressing in a pot over low heat.
- Place that in a large casserole.
- Add shredded Monterey Jack cheese, shredded cheddar, shredded chicken, and hot sauce.
- Give a good stir.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes until its hot a bubbly.
- Serve with chips, cucumber slices, pepper sticks, celery.
This has become a holiday standard in my family since I discovered the recipe three years ago. My brother-in-law wipes the pot clean! The teenagers also love it, and I make it when they come to visit each summer. I use Frank's Red Hot for the hot sauce, and a 12-oz bottle works just right. Thanks, Rita~!
The flavour of this dish is great, just like wings without the hassle. One thing I changed is the amount of hot sauce, only used about 2 oz, not sure if it is an error in the recipe but 2 1/2 bottles of Tabasco sauce seems to be extraordinarily alot.
I must have used this a dozen times for parties and every time it's a total hit every time. I changed the blue cheese to ranch and added some celery at the end for a little crunch but aside from that... perfect!