This is a great potluck/picnic salad. In a matter of minutes you can put this together and no one would ever guess. Make copies of the recipe...everyone will want one!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- chili cheese flavor Fritos corn chips (Chili Cheese flavor is KEY here!!)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow sweet onions or 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can chili-flavor ranch style beans (usually red or black beans)
- 8 ounces brick colby or 8 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese or 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, cubed into bite size pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 1In a large serving bowl combine the chopped egg, onion, peppers, tomato, beans, and any other "optional" ingredients you may have chosen.
- 2Stir together well and chill in fridge to let flavors hang-out for a while. (The 30 minute cook time is chill time.).
- 3About 15 minutes or so before serving add the Chili Cheese Fritos, cheese, and catalina dressing.
- 4Toss to coat everything well.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kickin' Texas Salad
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.5
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.6 mg
- Sodium 826.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 10.2 g