Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spicy, tangy, fresh, a real crowd pleaser. If you don't have fresh tomatoes on hand substitute 4 15 ounce cans of diced tomatoes.
- 1814.36 g tomatoes, fresh vine ripened (washed, and cut into small chunks)
- 3 large jalapenos (seeds removed, but saved)
- 29.58 ml cilantro (chopped)
- 1 medium onion, sweet (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 14.79 ml salt
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar (can substitute regular white)
- 14.79 ml hot chili oil (*seasoned oil, not heated)
- 7.39 ml caribbean jerk seasoning
- 4.92 ml McCormick's salt-free all-purpose seasoning
- Chop and prepare all the vegetables (first 5 ingredients), combine and toss them together in a large bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice over the mixture.
- Add the remaining 5 ingredients and toss together.
- This recipe should be mild to medium hot. If you like it hot, toss in a few jalapeno seeds.
- Cover with Saran wrap, refrigerate, and allow the flavors to blend for a couple of hours before serving.
- (*If you don't have hot chili cooking oil, put 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a small bowl with 5 or 6 jalapeno seeds, microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.).
Awesome salsa! I did change it a little bit. Added all jalapeno seeds and half a bunch of cilantro,5 garlic cloves, and two small sweet onions. Also could not find the mccormick salt free seasoning so just used lawrys season salt and added a little less regular salt. I also dont like a chunky salsa so i put everything in a blender and made it smoother. Be careful when making this definetely not 10 servings! This makes a ton of salsa I had to give it to 5 different neighbors!
This was awesome!!!! I couldn't get enough of it! I do agree that it has to marinate for a few hours because I tried it right away and it was really good, but a few hours later I tried it again and it was even better.