1/1 Photo of Kickin' Salsa
Spicy, tangy, fresh, a real crowd pleaser. If you don't have fresh tomatoes on hand substitute 4 15 ounce cans of diced tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs tomatoes, fresh vine ripened (washed, and cut into small chunks)
- 3 large jalapenos (seeds removed, but saved)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1 medium onion, sweet (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (can substitute regular white)
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil (*seasoned oil, not heated)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's salt-free all-purpose seasoning
- 1Chop and prepare all the vegetables (first 5 ingredients), combine and toss them together in a large bowl.
- 2Squeeze lime juice over the mixture.
- 3Add the remaining 5 ingredients and toss together.
- 4This recipe should be mild to medium hot. If you like it hot, toss in a few jalapeno seeds.
- 5Cover with Saran wrap, refrigerate, and allow the flavors to blend for a couple of hours before serving.
- 6(*If you don't have hot chili cooking oil, put 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a small bowl with 5 or 6 jalapeno seeds, microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.).
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kickin' Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.6
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 707.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili oil
caribbean jerk seasoning
McCormick's salt-free all-purpose seasoning