Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy Creamy Potato Soup and a little kick for flavor.
- 1 lb frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups organic chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cubed ham (eliminate ham for vegitarian)
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vietnamese hot garlic sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- In 3 quart saucepan, place potatoes, chicken broth, carrots, onion, and ham.
- Add enough water to cover all ingredients.
- Bring to boil.
- Simmer until carrots are tender.
- Add Vietnamese hot garlic sauce and evaporated milk. Retun to boil.
- Serve in soup bowl.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar and enjoy.
Even though I cut the recipe in half, omitted the ham, cut back on the hot garlic sauce & used vegetable stock, we really did enjoy this soup, & I'll certainly make it again with the ham & chicken broth (when my veggie son & DIL aren't sitting at the table)! I am, however, wondering what it would taste like if the hash browns were just slightly browned before including them! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs at the tail end of the current PAC]