5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Your friends and family will think you a genius when you dazzle them with these spicy homemade tots. You need not tell them how easy they were to make.
My Private Note
tater t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a heavy saucepan with canola oil to about 2 inches deep and place over medium high heat. Using a candy thermometer, heat oil until it reaches 325 degrees.
- 2Place shredded hash browns in food processor (working in batches if necessary) and pulse until pieces are broken down into smaller bits. 8 - 10 pulses.
- 3Place chopped hash browns in a bowl and add cornstarch, peppers, and 1 tsp salt. Mix to combine.
- 4Shape mixture into tots or small balls about 3/4" in diameter.
- 5Working in batches, fry tots in canola oil until golden brown, about 2 - 3 minutes each batch. Remove tots with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel lined plate or sheet pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp salt. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kickin' Jalapeno Tater Tots #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (8 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 16.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1163.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns