Recipe by Annacia
For this recipe I use frozen chicken tenders or chicken breasts (yes, frozen) in my slow cooker. This is a good recipe to substitute beans, veggies, etc. and make it the way you want. This will make 10 "healthy" servings (thats 1/2 a chicken breast) so judge your servings on your families appitite.
Top Review by seal angel
This was good! Kind of like my chicken tortilla soup minus the tortillas. I had 12 tenders and 1 chicken breast. I added a little red pepper. When it was done, we ate like soup with cheese and sir racha on top.
- 5 frozen skinless chicken breasts or 20 frozen chicken tenders
- 453.59 g jar salsa verde
- 510.29 g can black beans
- 236.59 ml frozen sweet corn
- 396.89 g can diced tomatoes
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 85.04 g package reduced-fat cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen chicken breasts or tenders in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients except cream cheese.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours (less if chicken isn't frozen).
- At this point I remove about 1/2 the liquid because I like my sauce thick, like a stew.
- You can leave all the liquid if you want a soup.
- Add cream cheese, cook on warm setting for 30 minutes, then stir.
- This can be served over rice or wrapped in flour tortillas.
- One healthy serving is 1/2 a breast or 2 large chicken tenders.