Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A healthy side dish of corn and okra cooked up in a skillet. Easy to throw together and a pleaser for those who aren't a huge fan of veggies! I got the okra and corn fresh from the farmers market and just put this together, thought I would share!
- 2 cups fresh okra
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Put butter in a skillet on medium to low heat, let melt.
- Add okra and corn into skillet.
- Add garlic, red pepper, onion powder and salt.
- Sauté on low until the okra is done to your satisfaction- make sure to cook it long enough that it doesn't turn out slimy.