Recipe by Nolan'sMom
This is a fantastic chili recipe if you like a little kick and a little spice. It's great right off the stove top and even better the next day. My husband can't get enough of it!
Top Review by Hazeleyes
Great chili! Left out the celery, didn't miss it. I also cut way back on the salt. After browning the beef, I put everything in the crock pot on low. Delicious aroma when I got home from work! What a wonderful way to start the Autumn season....Thanks for a great chili recipe Nolan'sMom!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 stalks celery, cut fine
- 1 large onion, cut fine
- 1 (1 lb) can tomatoes
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 6 whole cloves allspice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) kidney beans, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, heavy pan brown meat well.
- Add garlic, celery, and onions and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, spices, seasonings, chili peppers, sugar, and the beans.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir often to prevent sticking.