This is a fantastic chili recipe if you like a little kick and a little spice. It's great right off the stove top and even better the next day. My husband can't get enough of it!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 stalks celery, cut fine
- 1 large onion, cut fine
- 1 (1 lb) can tomato
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 6 whole cloves allspice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) kidney beans, undrained
- In a large, heavy pan brown meat well.
- Add garlic, celery, and onions and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, spices, seasonings, chili peppers, sugar, and the beans.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir often to prevent sticking.
Great chili! Left out the celery, didn't miss it. I also cut way back on the salt. After browning the beef, I put everything in the crock pot on low. Delicious aroma when I got home from work! What a wonderful way to start the Autumn season....Thanks for a great chili recipe Nolan'sMom!