Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Great chicken wings full of flavor. Great for the game. The sauce can be mixed and cooked in the oven too.
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Cut off wing tips, and cut wings at joint.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients, add to cooker and stir.
- Cover. Cook on low 5-6 hours.
I made a 1k worth of wings (8 wings in total) and the DM and DS polished of the lot serving them over rice with ladles of the delicious sauce, I cooked on low for 4 hours and then turned to high for 1 hour and the wings were so tender that all that was left was [polished bones both diners gave them a high five and all thumbs up. Thank you weekend cooker, made for Everyday A Holiday tag game.