YUMMMMM..... I found this recipe in this month's (February, 08) edition of REAL SIMPLE magazine. These nuggets not only look super delicious (and healthy!) but also look REAL(ly) SIMPLE to make! I can't wait to try them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place pita chips and Parmesan into food processor.
- 3Pulse until coarsely ground and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the parsley at this time (if using).
- 4In a medium bowl, beat the egg with 1 teaspoon of water.
- 5Dip the chicken in the egg, letting any excess drip off- then into the pita-chip mixture~ making sure to press the crumbs on to help it adhere.
- 6Place the coated chicken pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 7Bake until cooked through- about 10-12 minutes.
- 8In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and scallions and serve with the chicken for dipping. (A dash of garlic salt may be yummy here too, although the original recipe does not include it.).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kickin' Chicken Nuggets
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 93.9 mg
- Sodium 176.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spicy pita chips