Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Finally, a moist delicious turkey burger! I cooked the vegetables before mixing them in, but they can just as easily be added raw. Also, don't worry if a lot of the cheese runs out; it is mostly used to add fat to the turkey to avoid the dry turkey burger many of us are used to.
- Fry bacon in skillet until crisp.
- Set aside in a paper towel lined strainer to remove excess fat.
- In a food processor or by hand chop the jalepeno, celery, onions, and green pepper.
- (Optional) Spray the same skillet with non stick spray and cook the chopped veggies until tender.
- Add veggies, bacon, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and Cheddar cheese to the ground turkey. Mix well.
- Form into four patties.
- Cook in a skillet (about 6 minutes per side).
- Add cheese slice for the last three minutes.
- Serve on a toasted bun (no condiments needed).
I made just half of this recipe & probably changed the intended taste of these burgers when I used just 3 slices of the bacon (instead of 5), less than 1/4 of a small jalapeno & left out the 'salt to taste!' Still we enjoyed the burgers & would consider making them again! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick-A-Chef]