1/1 Photo of Kicked-Up Turkey & Havarti Melt
Turkey & havarti is a great combo on its own, and this is a fun twist on it for those who like some spicy heat! Thin deli-sliced turkey makes the sandwich a little more compact, but leftover turkey will be just as tasty, if a bit messier to eat. Feel free to adjust the cayenne pepper and jalapeno amounts (or deseed the jalapeno to lower the heat) to your taste. You can also use bread of your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) can refrigerated classic pizza dough
- 12 ounces turkey, thin sliced
- 8 ounces havarti cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Roll out the pizza crust into a 15 x 10" rectangle on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool. Keep the pan handy.
- 2Meanwhile, make the cranberry jalapeno chutney: heat the vegetable oil in a pot. When heated, add onion, ginger, and garlic, and saute until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add brown sugar, cranberries, jalapenos, and water to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and simmer until the cranberries burst, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in lime juice and allow chutney to cool.
- 5Prepare the spicy mayo by combining the mayonnaise, chili powder, and cayenne pepper and stirring well.
- 6Put together the sandwiches: Slice the pizza crust into 8 equal rectangles. Spread the spicy mayo on 4 of the rectangles and top with equal portions of the sliced Havarti.
- 7Top the remaining 4 rectangles with 1/4 of the turkey.
- 8Add 3 tablespoons of the cranberry-jalapeno chutney on top of the turkey on each rectangle.
- 9Top each cranberry and turkey rectangle with the cheese-topped rectangle and return the sandwiches to the pan.
- 10Return pan to oven at 375 and bake until cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- 11Cut each sandwich in half and serve with the remaining chutney. Enjoy!
- 12Bonus: Did you end up with some leftover chutney? It makes a great appetizer when served over a square of cream cheese (adjust amount to how much chutney you have), and set out with crackers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kicked-Up Turkey & Havarti Melt
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.4
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 610.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 32.4 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: