If you are looking for a way to kick up a plain whole roasted deli chicken, then this is it! The sauce takes minutes to prepare, just brush over the chicken and bake for 15 minutes. This makes a wonderful quick and easy weekday meal, double the sauce for 2 chickens. The 15 minute cooking time is for a warm or almost room-temperature fully cooked whole deli chicken. This is delicious!
- 2 tablespoons butter (or use vegetable oil)
- 3 shallots, finely chopped (or use a small onion, finely chopped)
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 whole deli rotisserie-cooked chicken (about 2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat; add in shallots and garlic (if using) and saute for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in apricot preserves, lemon juice, hot sauce and Creole seasoning, reduce heat to low and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring with wooden spoon until heated through.
- Place the deli chicken on top of a rack on a medium shallow baking dish, then brush the chicken all over with the prepared glaze.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy with rice if desired.