Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I had to make a LOT of cocktail franks for a recent potluck and it didn't occur to me until MUCH too late that I needed way more sauce than my usual recipe produced to cover all those sausages! I experimented with what I had on hand and the results were phenomenal! I've also found that grape jelly or seedless blackberry preserves work just as well as the currant jelly. You can substitute orange marmalade for the peach preserves also. You can get the 3 lbs packages of smokies at Sam's Club or Costco, or you can get three 1 lb packages just about anywhere.
- 3 lbs cocktail smoked sausage links
- 1 (10 ounce) jar currant jelly
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (13 ounce) jar mango salsa
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a 6 quart crock pot and whisk together until blended.
- Add the smoked sausage links and stir to coat.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, stirring once halfway through cooking.