Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you like heat then you will love these ribs! For level 1 heat; use 1 tablespoon habanero hot sauce...for level 2; use 2 tablespoons... and for level 3; use 3 tablespoons. Habanero chili hot sauce can be found in any Mexican section of your grocery store, since my family loves extreme heat I use it in many recipes. This recipe can be doubled.
- 3 lbs pork baby back ribs
- seasoning salt
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons louisiana hot sauce (can use less)
- habanero sauce (caution, this stuff is hot!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Set oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, then arrange the ribs in a single layer.
- Season with season salt (or use white salt, seasoned salt is better!) and pepper.
- Bake for about 25 minutes; turn the ribs over and bake for another 15 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile in a bowl combine ketchup, hoisin, lemon juice, garlic, Louisiana hot sauce, habanero chili hot sauce, cinnamon, allspice and seasoned salt; mix well to combine.
- Baste the ribs with about half the sauce; cook for another 10 minutes more; turn over and baste with the remaining sauce and continue to bake for another 15 minutes or until the ribs are thoroughly cooked through.