Recipe by Triple BQ
For a potluck I needed something fast and easy. I had everything on hand, threw it together, and it was gone by the end of the potluck. If you don't want to make the Macaroni and Cheese you can use your favorite boxed brand. It will take 2 or 3 boxes to make the full recipe.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package kielbasa, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil macaroni about 8 minutes, until al dente, and drain well.
- Meanwhile melt 1/4 cup butter and whisk in flour until smooth.
- Add milk a little at a time, whisking until smooth; bring back to a boil.
- Repeat until all the milk is added.
- Stir in white pepper and garlic powder.
- Remove from heat, slowly stir in the Velveeta cheese and Cheddar cheese, mixing until smooth.
- Stir in macaroni, set aside.
- Fry the onion and kielbasa to brown meat.
- Stir in broccoli, cook for 5 minutes to warm through.
- Stir mixture into the macaroni and cheese.
- Pour into a large crock pot or a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix bread crumbs, melted butter and parsley together; sprinkle over macaroni and cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 minutes.