Recipe by Galley Wench
This is my version of Bobby Flay's Jicama Slaw. The addition of jicama to slaw gives it a very nice crunch! I've also added 'spice' to this slaw by adding a little shredded poblano pepper. Goes great on Carolina BBQ or Shrimp Tacos.
Top Review by Kendra*
This was a wonderful salad and very different from the kind of slaw I usually make. I used one bag of shredded cabbage for slaw, one jalapeno chile (because that's what I had on hand) and about 1/3 C olive oil (personal preference). This made a huge amount, so next time I plan to cut it in half. Thanks so much for posting!
- 1 medium size jicama, peeled and finely shredded
- 2 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 medium carrots, finely shredded
- 2 scallions, finely juliened
- 1 small poblano chile, juliened seeded and juliened (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon thai chili paste (to taste)