Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my version of Bobby Flay's Jicama Slaw. The addition of jicama to slaw gives it a very nice crunch! I've also added 'spice' to this slaw by adding a little shredded poblano pepper. Goes great on Carolina BBQ or Shrimp Tacos.
- 1 medium size jicama, peeled and finely shredded
- 2 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 medium carrots, finely shredded
- 2 scallions, finely juliened
- 1 small poblano chile, juliened seeded and juliened (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon thai chili paste (to taste)
- Place jicama, cabbage, carrots and scallions in large bowl.
- Whisk together the lime juice, vinegar, honey, chili paste and oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in cilantro.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes before serving.
This was a wonderful salad and very different from the kind of slaw I usually make. I used one bag of shredded cabbage for slaw, one jalapeno chile (because that's what I had on hand) and about 1/3 C olive oil (personal preference). This made a huge amount, so next time I plan to cut it in half. Thanks so much for posting!