Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just can't do straight jar sauce so I kick it up. Never add sugar for I find them very sweet. I make this different ever time so do adjust to your liking and what your cupboard holds.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 head roasted garlic, Roasted Garlic & Pearl Onions With Herbs skins removed and mashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs pasta sauce
- In a heavy bottom pot heat oil and add peppers, onions and mushrooms let sweat for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
This was so good on our spaghetti tonight and we'll enjoy it again! I really like the peppers in it. I did change 2 things, I made it for 4 of us and had to double the amount of sauce because there just wasn't enough. I also cut the mushrooms in half so my kids could easily pick them out. Made for ZWT7, Thanks Rita! :)
At my house we call this "Wednesday night dinner"! Carnivores can add leftover meat or frozen meatballs. I used Bella Nico marinara sauce, with red onions and green peppers. It definitely does not need sugar. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT Witchin Kitchen.
I have always made my spaghetti this way, but I had never roasted the garlic first. Great addition! Thanks!