I devised this recipe, using Rotel Tomatoes, when I moved to Louisiana, and friends complained that my old recipe was too bland. You can use any strength Rotel you like, but keep in mind, the longer these are frozen the hotter they will get. I always have these in my freezer for unexpected company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown hamburger, sausage and onion in a large skillet.
- 2Drain well.
- 3Add Velveeta Cheese, stir until melted.
- 4Add well drained Rotel.
- 5Mix Well.
- 6Place Rye bread slices on two cookie sheets.
- 7Top with a heaping TBL. of mixture.
- 8Place cookie sheets in the freezer for an hour or two.
- 9Remove from freezer and place Hanky Pankies in ziplock freezer bags.
- 10When ready to use, take directly from freezer and bake at 350* for 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutritional Facts for Kicked up Hanky Panky
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.3
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 48.0 mg
- Sodium 846.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rye cocktail bread