Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I devised this recipe, using Rotel Tomatoes, when I moved to Louisiana, and friends complained that my old recipe was too bland. You can use any strength Rotel you like, but keep in mind, the longer these are frozen the hotter they will get. I always have these in my freezer for unexpected company.
- Brown hamburger, sausage and onion in a large skillet.
- Drain well.
- Add Velveeta Cheese, stir until melted.
- Add well drained Rotel.
- Mix Well.
- Place Rye bread slices on two cookie sheets.
- Top with a heaping TBL. of mixture.
- Place cookie sheets in the freezer for an hour or two.
- Remove from freezer and place Hanky Pankies in ziplock freezer bags.
- When ready to use, take directly from freezer and bake at 350* for 10 to 15 minutes.