Recipe by Caroline Cooks
A kicked up flavor fish cake with crispy outside and soft and tasty inside. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
Top Review by Weesie D
These were VERY good. I couldn't believe my eyes watching my kids eat so much of them. I left the peals on the potatoes and it worked out great. Thanks for the wonderful recipe.
- 2 boneless cod fish fillets or 2 catfish fillets or 2 roughy fillets or 2 fav white fish fillets
- 1 large potato
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (or more)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut up potatoes and fillets.
- Place in large sauce pan with enough water to cover.
- Boil until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Chop onion in food processor; add cooled potatoes and fish.
- Pulse a couple of times to chop and blend. Pour into bowl and add egg, water, ¼ cup cracker crumbs and spices.
- Form into patties.
- Place remaining cracker crumbs in shallow dish and add parsley and Parmesan Cheese; blend.
- Dredge patties in crumbs, covering both sides well.
- Refrigerate on baking sheet for at least 30 minutes to set coating.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet to MED-HI and fry patties (do not crowd) until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes each.
- Remove to paper toweling and drain.
- Keep warm.
- Repeat if needed with remaining patties. Serve with chili sauce.
- Will freeze.