1/1 Photo of Kicked up Fish Cakes
Caroline Cooks's Note:
A kicked up flavor fish cake with crispy outside and soft and tasty inside. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless cod fish fillets or 2 catfish fillets or 2 roughy fillets or 2 fav white fish fillets
- 1 large potato
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 1/4 cups saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (or more)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1Peel and cut up potatoes and fillets.
- 2Place in large sauce pan with enough water to cover.
- 3Boil until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and cool.
- 4Chop onion in food processor; add cooled potatoes and fish.
- 5Pulse a couple of times to chop and blend. Pour into bowl and add egg, water, ¼ cup cracker crumbs and spices.
- 6Form into patties.
- 7Place remaining cracker crumbs in shallow dish and add parsley and Parmesan Cheese; blend.
- 8Dredge patties in crumbs, covering both sides well.
- 9Refrigerate on baking sheet for at least 30 minutes to set coating.
- 10Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet to MED-HI and fry patties (do not crowd) until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes each.
- 11Remove to paper toweling and drain.
- 12Keep warm.
- 13Repeat if needed with remaining patties. Serve with chili sauce.
- 14Will freeze.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kicked up Fish Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.9
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 211.6 mg
- Sodium 756.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 55.1 g