Here is a quick spiced up chicken salad mix. I fix this when I need something fast but still want something yummy.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken breasts (Drain liquids)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced (I only use half of the yolks to cut down on cholesterol)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I use light)
- 1 tablespoon dill relish
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 whole jalapeno, finely chopped
- 3 slices of cooked chopped bacon (I use the pre-cooked bacon, and just crisp in the microwave for 30-40 seconds right before you add i)
- salt and pepper
- While the eggs are boiling, drain cans of chicken and seperate chicken pieces in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add mayo, onions, relish, jalapeno, and seasonings.
- Add diced eggs and warm bacon.
- Mix well and serve on warm toasted bread (whatever your favorite kind is).
- Salad mix canned be topped with lettuce leaves for added crunch and flavor.
I made this recipe for Pick-a-Chef. I made everything as directed, except I found that 1 to 1 1/2 cups of mao would have been way too much. I used 1/2 cup of (light) mao and it was plenty to coat the ingredients nicely. This had a nice taste to it...not to hot since the jalepeno seeds were omitted. I loved the addition of bacon...hadn't thought of that before. It really didn't need salt in that the canned chicken has salt as well as the bacon so taste before you season! I liked it, but really missed having celery in it for that crunch and celery taste. Thanks for the experience! Pam