Recipe by QueenJellyBean
I made this by grabbing things out of the pantry one night when I was in a hurry. I made a cup of rice in the microwave and added it too. I think it could go either way - with or without the rice. I would think you could add other spices to mix up the flavor based on your preference! The Rotel tomatoes make it decently spicy as is.
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (with green chiles)
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can chicken
- 1 cup precooked long grain rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix corn, broth, pinto beans, tomatoes and chicken in a saucepan. Bring to a mild boil.
- Add rice.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with quesadillas or rolls.
- * I rarely use chicken broth. I use a chicken base called "Better than Bullion" and make it per the instructions on the jar -- I feel it has more flavor than just broth.