Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry Need an easy appetizer for your next party? Want to impress your guests? These breadsticks are just what you're looking for! Simple to make, the dip can be prepared ahead of time and you can bake the breadsticks as needed. (You may make your dough of course...) Don't forget to poke a few holes in your crust, to prevent large air pockets. If you like spicy food, you can add more cayenne (I used 1/2 tsp. for the 'bread spices', as we like it HOT!) If you don't have a pizza stone, these can be baked on a pizza pan. The yield is a guess - yours may be different, depending on the width you cut your 'strips'. **Dry ingredients listed in parentheses are mixed into yogurt, to make dip**
- 1 pizza dough, ball (homemade or from your fave pizza place, large enough for a 12-14 inch pizza)
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix (DIVIDED)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (may use less)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (*)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (*)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill (*)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (*)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (*)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, plus
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chives (*)
- Preheat oven and pizza stone to 450 degrees. (you may use a pizza pan if you don't have a stone.).
- In a small bowl, mix 1 1/2 tablespoons of HVR dry dip mix with 3 T. of parmesan cheese, 1/4 t. cayenne, 1/2 t. dill, 1/2 t. crushed red pepper, 1/2 t. garlic powder and 1 T chopped chives; set aside. (These are your 'reserved' spices).
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt with 1 1/2 T. HVR dry dip mix with 2 T. parmesan cheese, 1/4 t. cayenne pepper, 1/4 t. dill, 1/4 t. crushed red pepper, 1/4 t. garlic powder and 1 t. chopped chives. (<<--These ingredients are listed with an *) Refrigerate, to allow flavors to meld.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a pizza pan; press out the dough to fit the size of the pan.
- Poke holes in pizza crust with a fork - this will prevent large air pockets from forming (as there is no sauce or toppings to 'weigh down' the dough.).
- Brush olive oil over pizza crust and then sprinkle reserved spices all over dough.
- Move your parchment to the pizza stone in the oven (or use a peel, if you have one.).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes - keep a watch, as you don't want them to burn!
- Remove from oven - let cool for a couple of minutes, slice in half and then run your pizza cutter the other way, making 3/4 - 1 inch strips.
- Serve with your spicy dipping sauce! Enjoy!
Yummy! I liked these a lot. I made per the recipe but used dried onion instead of chives (what I had available). Next time I might cut back on the cayenne a bit as it seemed to overpower the other flavors a bit but I enjoyed them anyway :) Thanks and good luck!
This recipe is awesome! I am definitely having these again. The dip went perfectly with the breadsticks.