1/1 Photo of Kicked up Cheesy Ranch Breadsticks #RSC
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry Need an easy appetizer for your next party? Want to impress your guests? These breadsticks are just what you're looking for! Simple to make, the dip can be prepared ahead of time and you can bake the breadsticks as needed. (You may make your dough of course...) Don't forget to poke a few holes in your crust, to prevent large air pockets. If you like spicy food, you can add more cayenne (I used 1/2 tsp. for the 'bread spices', as we like it HOT!) If you don't have a pizza stone, these can be baked on a pizza pan. The yield is a guess - yours may be different, depending on the width you cut your 'strips'. **Dry ingredients listed in parentheses are mixed into yogurt, to make dip**
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pizza dough, ball (homemade or from your fave pizza place, large enough for a 12-14 inch pizza)
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix (DIVIDED)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (may use less)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (*)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (*)
- 1/2 teaspoon dill, plus
- 1/4 teaspoon dill (*)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, plus
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (*)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, plus
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (*)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, plus
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chives (*)
- 1Preheat oven and pizza stone to 450 degrees. (you may use a pizza pan if you don't have a stone.).
- 2In a small bowl, mix 1 1/2 tablespoons of HVR dry dip mix with 3 T. of parmesan cheese, 1/4 t. cayenne, 1/2 t. dill, 1/2 t. crushed red pepper, 1/2 t. garlic powder and 1 T chopped chives; set aside. (These are your 'reserved' spices).
- 3In a small bowl, mix yogurt with 1 1/2 T. HVR dry dip mix with 2 T. parmesan cheese, 1/4 t. cayenne pepper, 1/4 t. dill, 1/4 t. crushed red pepper, 1/4 t. garlic powder and 1 t. chopped chives. (<<--These ingredients are listed with an *) Refrigerate, to allow flavors to meld.
- 4Place a piece of parchment paper on a pizza pan; press out the dough to fit the size of the pan.
- 5Poke holes in pizza crust with a fork - this will prevent large air pockets from forming (as there is no sauce or toppings to 'weigh down' the dough.).
- 6Brush olive oil over pizza crust and then sprinkle reserved spices all over dough.
- 7Move your parchment to the pizza stone in the oven (or use a peel, if you have one.).
- 8Bake for 8-10 minutes - keep a watch, as you don't want them to burn!
- 9Remove from oven - let cool for a couple of minutes, slice in half and then run your pizza cutter the other way, making 3/4 - 1 inch strips.
- 10Serve with your spicy dipping sauce! Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kicked up Cheesy Ranch Breadsticks #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.7
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 96.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix