Recipe by Mareesme
I hope you like this very simple and tasty side dish. If you wish, you can use fresh peeled carrot circles rather than baby carrots. In place of dried parsley flakes, I substitute with fresh parsley when I have it on hand. (Note: We like the full amount of horseradish. However, if you haven't cooked with horseradish often, you can start with 1/2 T horseradish then taste, then add the other half to regulate the flavor to your liking.)
Top Review by LuuvBunny
What a fantastic way to have carrots!! I used one fresh carrot for 2 servings and cut them into circles.I did omit the horseradish as I didn't have any.Just the taste of the parsley and thyme was enough for me.Great recipe!
- 1 lb fresh baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter and stir in sugars, horseradish and parsley.
- Add carrots to pan, then add salt and pepper to taste. Stir gently to coat and serve.