Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Entry in RSC #9
- 4 large carrots, shredded
- 1 large fennel bulb, white part only, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 oranges, juice of
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate for approx 2 hours.
I loved this, the kids hated it. Loved the flavors & freshness. Great submission!
This is like eating a carrot cake salad! I like the cinnamon (taking over in flavor) the sweet crunchy and tangy salad. The fennel did get lost in this. Needs to be seasoned with a generous amount of salt and some fresh cracked pepper.
I'm iffy about this recipe. I liked the combination of flavours and textures, but the dressing really did not add to the salad's appeal - just a lot of orange juice swimming around on our salad plates. Wish I could give it more, but it needs a bit of work.