Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This came together one day when I was looking for something a little different to do with some beef cubes. It's so easy to prepare and it's really good.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into small cubes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence (Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (optional)
- Add all the ingredients (except sour cream) to the crock pot and stir.
- Cover crock pot and cook 7-8 hours on low.
- Add sour cream (if using) about 15 minutes before you're ready to serve.
- Stir the sour cream into the meat mixture well.
- Serve over noodles.
This was a big hit after yard work all day. The house smelled wonderful too! I used venison and minced onion with some oregano for the soup mix. I also made it a little more spicy than what was called for. I served it over some baby spinach and whole wheat shells. The dish had a nice tangy flavor and tender meat, and it's nice not to have to brown all the meat first, which takes a lot of the ease out of using the crock in the first place. I didn't use the sour cream. Will definitely make again and again.
My family liked this. I love it when minimal effort produces a tasty meal. Great for busy week-nights. Served over noodles. Thanks.
Very good. This one made the cut, both with my picky husband and my two year old. We had it over rice tonight. Very easy to do the prep work the night before.