Recipe by Boca Pat
This came together one day when I was looking for something a little different to do with some beef cubes. It's so easy to prepare and it's really good.
Top Review by Nancygirl
This was a big hit after yard work all day. The house smelled wonderful too! I used venison and minced onion with some oregano for the soup mix. I also made it a little more spicy than what was called for. I served it over some baby spinach and whole wheat shells. The dish had a nice tangy flavor and tender meat, and it's nice not to have to brown all the meat first, which takes a lot of the ease out of using the crock in the first place. I didn't use the sour cream. Will definitely make again and again.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into small cubes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence (Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all the ingredients (except sour cream) to the crock pot and stir.
- Cover crock pot and cook 7-8 hours on low.
- Add sour cream (if using) about 15 minutes before you're ready to serve.
- Stir the sour cream into the meat mixture well.
- Serve over noodles.