Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
They serve these at a local restaurant here in TX. This is NOT a casserole! These guys are dressed for dinner in their best jackets! The WHOLE potato, baked and split like a white baked potato. You just gotta try these to believe how simple and delish they really are! Enjoy!
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided equally
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Wash sweet potatoes and prick with a fork.
- Microwave potatoes for about 5-7 minutes or until soft OR bake in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or until soft.
- Mix spices together and set aside.
- Make a slit in the potato just as you would for a regular baked potato.
- Insert 1 tsp butter into each and sprinkle with the spice mix.
- Fluff meat of sweet potato to mix in butter and spices.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of spices and butter to your liking.
My husband and I love these so much - and I finally got smart and made a whole spice shaker of the spice mix to keep on hand!
Very easy. Very good!
Love these! I added just 1/2 tsp. of brown sugar to the mix. I baked mine in the oven on non-stick foil in a sheet pan, drizzled with a bit of oil and salt for yummy skins. 400 degrees for 1 hour. Thanks for posting!