Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
They serve these at a local restaurant here in TX. This is NOT a casserole! These guys are dressed for dinner in their best jackets! The WHOLE potato, baked and split like a white baked potato. You just gotta try these to believe how simple and delish they really are! Enjoy!
- Wash sweet potatoes and prick with a fork.
- Microwave potatoes for about 5-7 minutes or until soft OR bake in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or until soft.
- Mix spices together and set aside.
- Make a slit in the potato just as you would for a regular baked potato.
- Insert 1 tsp butter into each and sprinkle with the spice mix.
- Fluff meat of sweet potato to mix in butter and spices.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of spices and butter to your liking.
Very easy. Very good!
Love these! I added just 1/2 tsp. of brown sugar to the mix. I baked mine in the oven on non-stick foil in a sheet pan, drizzled with a bit of oil and salt for yummy skins. 400 degrees for 1 hour. Thanks for posting!
OH MAMA. . .I just licked my plate clean!!! OOOH Doggie is that spicy mixture awesome (I did add about a 1/4 tsp of brown sugar)! I made two HUGE sweet potatoes and baked them for 1 hour at 375 and they were completely overdone (they were mashed without having to be mashed LOL). I coated the outside with olive oil and a little bit of seasoning salt (which had garlic in it and WOW did that taste wonderful with the combo of spices inside of the tater). I made mine vegan with vegan margarine and served it aside a salad for a perfect lunch. I will certainly make this again and will actually use that spice mixture on roast veggies in the future (perhaps a mixture of sweet potatoes, russet potatoes, carrots and radishes). YUM! UPDATE: So this is one of my favorite lunches and I make it often. I use a LOT of the spice on each potato and I also started using a little stevia instead of the brown sugar and that is just as tasty with less calories!