Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you don't care for spicy just omit or use only half of a jalapeno pepper :)
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided (can use more butter)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 7 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (if you are a garlic lover then add in another tablespoon)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped (can use red bell pepper or use both!)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper (or use cayenne pepper for even extra heat!)
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in thawed corn and saute for 5 minutes, then add in half and half cream; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree until a coarse texture consistancy.
- Melt another 3 tablespoons butter in the skillet, add in the yellow and green onions, garlic, green bell pepper and jalapeno pepper; saute for about 5 minutes; remove from heat and add in the corn puree; cool 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl beat eggs, flour, salt and pepper then stir in 1 cup Parmesan cheese, the stir into the corn mixture; mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Remove from oven, then sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese.
- Return to oven, bake for another 15-20 minutes.
I love corn pudding almost more than I like cornbread, so I was happy to find this recipe! I made a couple of small changes, reducing the mount of the jalapeno to just 1/3 of a pepper so that there was just a bit more then a hint of hot; using lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P; &, although it isn't exactly a change, I did use a sharp cheddar! I also processed the corn mixture only briefly so that it was very coarse, & what I ended up with was A REALLY GREAT TASTING CORN PUDDING, & a recipe that I'll keep around! Thanks so much! [Tagged, made & reviewed in All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag]