Recipe by Rinshinomori
Super easy brisket recipe using Lipton's soup mix. Just mix everything together and bake away! Makes wonderful base for sandwich next day using onion roll.
Top Review by Jewelies
This is very tasty. I marinated my beef overnight and then cooked very slowly the next day. I used a Maggi Onion Soup mix and next time I will only use a 1/4 cup tomato sauce (ketchup). The liquid smoke gives this a lovely but not to strong BBQ taste. Served with a range of baked veggies.
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton onion mushroom dry soup mix
- 1 cup beer
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar (depends on your taste) (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 -4 lbs boneless beef brisket
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil in a frying pan until nicely browned. Remove.
- In 13 x 9-inch baking or roasting pan, add onion and garlic mixture, Lipton Onion Mushroom Soup Mix blended with beer, ketchup, liquid smoke, Worcestershire, sugar and pepper.
- Add brisket; turn to coat.
- Loosely cover with aluminum foil and bake 3 hours or until brisket is tender.