1/4 Photos of Kickass My Sacred Vegan Chili
I'm posting my most used vegan recipe that I adore on its own, on nachos, on my husband's bald head, eating at work, just generally eating. My best bud maaweee loves it, my family loves it, all my mates love it, and it's so simple you will kick yourself on how simple it is. Put in veg you want to use from your fridge. To make it hotter, add more chili. Get psychopathic with the chili if you like it! I like using fake mozzarella and homemade guacamole on nachos for this. It makes for good weekend dinners. I could eat it now! Oooo nachos...... oh yeah heats up good the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or spray cal or buttery light)
- 2 onions
- 2 bell peppers (any colour I like 2 red)
- 150 g carrots, chopped into little dice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (400 g) cans plum tomatoes (mashed a bits)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 green chili (or 1 tsp strong chili powder, my powder is super hot, use however much you are comfortable with)
- 425 g kidney beans
- 125 g mushrooms (chunky chopped)
- 125 g celery (sliced ribs optional)
- 125 g parsnips (chopped into dice optional)
- 125 g courgettes (chunky chopped optional)
- 15 g cocoa powder (or dark grated chocolate)
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat the oil in pan and add onion; fry for 5-10 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and fry for two minutes. Add celery; sweat for five minutes with lid on adding more oil or a little water.
- 2Add the carrots and do the same for five minutes, then the parsnips, then the peppers then the mushrooms and then courgettes. Basically hard veggies first, soft veggies after with 5 minutes in between them to let flavours develop.
- 3Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and chili (either dried or fresh) dried vegetable stock cubes and a little water (2 tablespoons). Also add kidney beans; season with salt and pepper and add the cocoa if using or chocolate.
- 4Simmer for 10 minutes on low with the lid off.
- 5Continue to simmer until reduced to desired consistency.
- 6Serve sprinkled with vegan cheese, vegan yogurt (alpro plain), guacamole and on nachos.
- 7Eat like a pig and declare that this is so good even my meat eating husband loves this.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kickass My Sacred Vegan Chili
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 447.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes