Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick, yummy, and leaves em' asking for more! This recipe lends itself very easily to flexibilty. You can grill it outside, or inside on your George Foreman. You can use big or medium size shrimp. And you can make it with your favorite liqour. Very good for appetizers or for a meal.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (can be any size)
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons sweet and spicy mustard (your favorite brand is fine)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons Jack Daniels Whiskey (or your favorite liquor such as rum)
- Mix oil, lemon juice, garlic powder and lemon pepper seasoning together. Marinate shrimp in this mixture and chill for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan for 2-3 minute to use as the basting sauce.
- Grill your shrimp until done, basting with sauce as you go. Watch carefully so they don't burn. If you use pre-cooked shrimp it only takes a minute or two on each side to brown them. Make plenty -- they go fast!