1 hr 5 mins
This is an easy way to make ice cream without an ice cream maker. I did this when i was a kid in Girl Scouts working on a cooking badge. It is fun for all the kids both big and small.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You will also need: 1 lg (#10) empty (coffee can) can and 1 sm 16 oz empty (coffee can) can.
- 2Place ingredients in small size coffee can and mix with spoon.
- 3Seal the can with duct tape and place inside a larger size coffee can.
- 4Surround small can with ice and layers of rock salt.
- 5Seal large tin with duct tape.
- 6Roll or toss can for 20-30 minutes adding ice and salt to the larger can once or twice (this may not be necessary if done outdoors in the winter).
- 7Pack again with ice or place in freezer and let stand for 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kick-The-Can-Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (655 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.2
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 190.5 mg
- Sodium 93.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g